Free Soap Dough Recipe
Moldable Soap Recipe
by Sorcery Soap™
If you'd like 20 Soap Dough Recipes, with Vegan Soap Dough Recipes, click here!
Please view basic cold process soap making and be proficient in this process BEFORE making the following:
This information is meant to help expand your soaping repertoire, explore more creative options (sans silicon molds) and to inspire you to new creative worlds!
*Critical piece of information: Soap temperatures 78-90 degree Fahrenheit.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Always keep the soap covered and sealed from air. Saponification doesn't need air, but curing does.
- The amount of water in soap is important. It keeps the soap pliable and soft. (Update: now use 31% water discount.)
- IF YOU LIVE IN A MORE HUMID AREA, DROP THE WATER DISCOUNT TO 31%.
- Keep the new soap sealed.
- Wait at least 24 hours to un-mold.
- Place soap dough in a plastic bag and wait 3 more days (at least). Learn more about this process here!
- Test your soap by rolling a small ball, examine how it feels.
- Exact measurements are very important, which is different than making say, actual cookies, which can be off just a tick. I've found when making soap dough, at 1 pound or 2 pound amounts, there is little room for error.
- Use in 3-5 days.
- Your soap dough should be ideal to use.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
When Working With your Soap Dough
- When working with soap, use a muslin bag filled with corn starch to keep the soap from sticking to the work surface and itself. Too much corn starch will leave your soaps looking powdery so use with frugal care.
- Spraying tools with 91% alcohol will keep cutters and plungers from sticking.
- Spraying with water will make soap dissolve. Remember how soap behaves in the shower? Use water to stick pieces of soap together sparingly.
- Once removed from the sealed container, soap will begin evaporation and curing, therefore hardening.
- Be patient with yourself, if you want to make embeds by hand, it will take time to learn.
See this video for consistency:
© Bhakti "Bee" Iyata and Sorcery Soap™, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
© Bhakti "Bee" Iyata and Sorcery Soap™, 2021. All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations in non-commercial uses permitted by copyright law.