Secret Soap Tricks from Sorcery Soap Witch
That’s the secret. End of post.
Ok, not the end.
First, lets identify the clutter:
Here are some of the things that will dull, neutralize or void your creativity:
- People who cannot or do not want to create, but want to leverage your creativity. (Don’t allow yourself to be someone else’s commodity.)
- Money, the promise of money. In the soaping world this can come in the form of wholesale orders with this very deceptive question: “How many pounds can you make a month?”
- Money – the lack of money. The want of money will control your creativity. Thinking if you do what you’re told/asked you will receive your needed money even though its the very last type of soap you want to create.
- Unsolicited help. The questions that come in the form of a promise of a purchase. “Can you make x, y, z and I’ll buy one pound(s)?” This usually is a multiple scented, multiple colored complex request.
- Compromise. This is antithetical to honoring and executing your deep creative drive.
What Ayn Rand has to say about compromise:
“To sell your soul is the easiest thing in the world. That’s what everybody does every hour of his life. If I asked you to keep your soul – would you understand why that’s much harder?”
― Ayn Rand,
It takes removing obstacles to allow your personal creativity to surface.
What are those obstacles?
They are many – these obstacles come in a variety of forms, shapes sizes…
Here are a few:
- Not writing an idea down. If you are like me, and get your ideas right before you fall asleep, in that delicious twilight place, and you don’t prompt yourself out of bed to write it down, remember this YOU WILL NOT REMEMBER! I have convinced myself, more times than I can count, “Oh, that’s so obvious I’ll remember that.” I don’t. Not once. Ever. This place of sleepy twilight when the inspiration strikes is exactly what I’m trying to get at when I say, “remove the obstacles.” Your mind is relaxed and allows for imagination to flow.
- Claiming to be “too busy”. Yup, everyone is busy and there will always be laundry (or fill in that blank with dishes, chores, a task of some kind that is unappealing.) If you don’t follow some – just a bit of your creativity – and keep that fire lit it will take a huge effort to get those fires burning again unless the Muse of Inspiration makes her rarified visit. (I explore this topic in my book, “An Enchanted Book of Peculiar Ideas and Soap Potions“.)
- Fear. Fear of not being able to duplicate a happy accident, fear of what others will say and fear of failure. All these are unfounded and illusionary. Fear is not real. Danger is.
If you are lucky enough to be creative, revel in it, dance with it, be joyous! It is your gift one that has taken many years (or not) to unearth, grow and allowed to bloom. Do not ever criticize the full flower of your own creativity! Glory in your unique expression. It is the only thing you NEED to do is to be your own best advocate. If you don’t take a stand for your deep creative voice, who will? Others are busy doing the same thing.
Remember, when you have a failure (or what you think is a failure) in the wrong light fertilizer can seem terrible, but boy does it do wonders for the end results.
My new book, “An Enchanted Book of Peculiar Ideas and Soap Potions” will be put on pre-sale this week. Working on the finishing touches now! It is my hope we will create a community of unique Soap Witches who see the world in a peculiar way. Stop by the new facebook group and see if it tickles your fancy, “Sorcery Creations, home for the unusual soaps, bath and body products.”
Your creativity is a super power. Use it wisely.